Sounds of Yargi

 With Yargi being such a heavy drama, there comes no surprises that the music is the same as well. As discussed in class, music sets the tone for the show and its scenes. Soundtracks help establish the overall tone and mood of the series.


They can shift seamlessly between light-hearted, suspenseful, romantic, and dramatic, depending on the narrative's needs. In Yargi, the soundtracks are produced by Turkish composer and music producer, Toygar Işıklı.

Yargi features a lot of incidental music, like with a low, slow building tone to show intensity in a scene. The most recognizable sound of the show to me is the one that shows in the opening credits, Yargi Jenerik Müziği. It does not feature any lyrics but it has a somewhat eerie sound. “Elimi Tut” was used often for Ceylin and Ilgaz during their romantic scenes and even scenes where it was just the two of them together. 

Soundtracks also play a role in a character's development throughout the story. The craziest revelation was the reveal of Ceylin’s assistant, Engin’s true motives. When he first appeared on screen with Ceylin, they’d always had a lighthearted relationship. Yet after he became the subject of suspicion, the music began to change to the harsh sounds of “Katil Kim ''. This use of harsher and lower music for characters adds a layer of foreshadowing for the watchers. It allows us to know who a potential antagonist in the story is.

 In all I think Yargi was an amazing drama that was exactly what I needed. I think I might have been a little bored if it was just a romance drama but the police/crime drama aspect kept me very entertained. I have enjoyed this class very much and I know I will miss this Wednesday class. Thank you Dr. A!


Comments