Why I Love Yaprak Dökümü (the best show ever)

I cannot believe my melodrama blogger era is coming to an end...

What better way to end it than with an overview of the impact of my favorite show?! 

I am a big sucker for romance in a show. Of course, the best melodrama not only has a main couple with strong chemistry, but is also able to focus well on and advance the stories of the side characters. 

The dizi I am currently watching is Kara Sevda, which is definitely one of the most intense shows I have seen. Every episode leaves me craving more. I am just too impatient that I cave in and watch another episode. I have to know what comes next! 

My most favorite dizi of all time, though, is Yaprak Dökümü. There are just too many things that I love about this dizi. I want to share a bit about the show with you guys because I never hear anything about it unless me and my family are reminiscing about when we used to watch it.

Shall we?

We shall!

I really love when shows span over a long period of time because we essentially get to grow with the characters. Yaprak Dökümü did exactly this. From the very first episode up until the last, we get to see how the dynamic of the Tekin family changes over the years. Ali Riza and Hayriye raise their five children Fikret, Şevket, Leyla, Necla, and Ayşe. 

These characters all have issues they deal with, some of which they even share. For example, young and naive Leyla and Necla are often at one another's throats as they like the same guy. Coincidentally, the guy is the antagonist of the story and brings nothing but stress to the Tekin family. Poor Ali Riza had more than enough mental breakdowns because of him! 

While these issues were often intense, they were realYaprak Dökümü showed how hard and confusing life can be sometimes. Nobody is perfect. We all have our struggles, both with other people and with ourselves. 

I watched this show when I was very young which I think is part of the reason why I love it so much. It left such a lasting impression on me.

I think each character had amazing development throughout the show. At the beginning, Ali Riza and Hayriye hoped to teach their children to live in harmony. Their young daughters constantly fighting and their son being wrapped up with a toxic woman were among the many stresses brought upon the family. However, after five seasons, these characters all grew in their own ways. Everyone found their purpose. Even the antagonists showed major growth by the end of the show. Of course, it is not easy to forgive them for the pain they caused, but growth is important. 

I will not spoil the last episode just in case any of you wish to watch the show, but I swear a piece of me broke away when I watched the ending credits for the last time. Honestly, I often go back and rewatch the last episode just because I loved it so much. In fact, as I am writing this, I am planning on watching the last episode for the millionth time before I go to bed tonight. 

To conclude, I want to thank all of you guys for viewing my blogs! I truly enjoyed taking this course. Not only was I introduced to many shows that I of course added to my watchlist, but I learned a lot about what happens before and during the production of a melodrama. Film has always been an interest of mine and now I can confidently say it has become an obsession.

Thank you again and byeeee!

Sacira Özçivit (hehe) 




Comments